10 Things to do in Dundee this Festive Season
We have compiled a list of what we think are the best festive events to attend in and around Dundee this Christmas for all ages.
- Christmas Fayre, City Square, Saturday 17th November 10am – Home baking, crafts, giant tombola and raffle, quality gifts, handmade cards, treasure hunt, lucky bags, second-hand books and toys…and a warm welcome to everyone!
- Dundee Light Night, City Square, Saturday 17th November 4pm – Dundee Light Night is the perfect place to begin your winter fun! There will be free, family friendly fun happening from the McManus to City Square.
- The Snow Queen, Dundee Rep, from Thursday 29th November 7pm – Winter is magical and mysterious. There are secrets in the snow. But when Gerda’s best friend Kai goes missing, she must face her fears and embark on an epic quest to find him.
- Etsy Made Local Dundee, WASPS Studio, Saturday 1st December 11am – Join us for the first ever Etsy Made Local Dundee! Etsy Made Local is a national event that will see towns and cities from coast to coast celebrating the makers and designers that make up the creative community selling on Etsy.com, and encouraging people to look locally for this years Christmas gifts.
- Dundee’s Santa Dash, City Square, Sunday 2nd December 9:30am – Leisure & Culture Dundee’s annual charity Santa Dash returns for its second year and promises to be another fantastic, fun day out for all the family, whilst helping to raise funds for The ARCHIE Foundation. Take part and walk the route, run the route, or come along as a spectator.
- Cinderella, Gardyne Theatre, from Saturday 8th December – This Christmas you shall go to the ball with the spectacular rags to riches family pantomime Cinderella at the Gardyne Theatre. Brought to you from the creative team behind last year’s smash hit Sleeping Beauty and jam-packed full of famous faces, including River City favourites Scott Fletcher.
- Meet Santa and the Animals, Camperdown Wildlife Centre, from Saturday 8th December 11am – For a traditional family visit to see Santa and wish our animals Merry Christmas. Face painting and fun activities for the whole family at Camperdown Wildlife Centre. Event runs from 11am to 3pm.
- RSNO Christmas Concert, Caird Hall, Thursday 20th December 7:30pm – RSNO Christmas Concert (featuring The Snowman) We’re walking in the air…It isn’t Christmas until The Snowman has taken you on his magical journey through the winter sky. Enjoy this special showing of the festive classic on the large screen, accompanied live by the RSNO and narrated by our guest presenter Jamie MacDougall.
- Abbamanias 2018 Christmas Party, Caird Hall, Saturday 22nd December 7:30pm – You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life. Abbamania’s 2018 Christmas Party – Europe’s Leading Abba Tribute, Abbamania, continue to entertain audiences with their outstanding vocals and musical performance live on stage.
- Rock the Halls, Whitehall Theatre, Saturday 22nd/Sunday 23rd December 7:30pm – Back for its 5th year in 2018 after a sell out performance in 2017, Rock The Halls has become Dundee’s biggest Christmas party!
For more info visit Dundee Council Website